Baxter Student Ambassador Program Winners Take Home Top Prizes
This year, twelve qualified applicants from post secondary schools with travel and tourism or hospitality and tourism programs across Canada were awarded the well-earned, prestigious title of Baxter Student Ambassador.
Their journey started in early January, when they applied alongside hundreds of other students and were selected from an elite group to become finalists.
Once selected, they competed in a skill testing presentation given before a panel of accomplished judges.
The judges made their decisions in early May and twelve winners were announced. Their Baxter Student Ambassador profiles were featured in the May 4th special Baxter Student Ambassador edition of Travel Courier magazine.
With generous support from the BSAP Sponsors, each winning ambassador will receive a bursary, travel prize, gift card or internship.
The prize winners are announced below.
- Courtesy of Air Canada, the BSAP grand prize winner of two round trip, system wide flight tickets is Marygold Anne Santos from Humber College.
- Contiki and The Travel Corporation have offered an internship or Contiki travel credit to Daniel Katsaga from Toronto Metropolitan University.
- Trees4Travel has provided for two students to receive $250 bursaries. The winning students are Kelly Reyes from Conestoga College and Rayane Belkacemi from Algonquin College.
- Manulife has provided for one student to receive a $250 gift card. The winner is Emily Ashworth from Mohawk College.
- The following seven winners will each receive a $250 cash bursary provided by Baxter Media and Travel Courier magazine: Josh Mendoza, Shannon Phillips, Katrina Kroeger, Mehrdad Aghababazadeh, Bryana Spur, Ariel Wilkinson, and Prerna Prakash.
The Baxter Student Ambassador Program would like to thank all of the sponsors for their commitment to supporting post-secondary students in travel, tourism and hospitality programs across Canada:
- Air Canada
- Contiki & The Travel Corporation
- Propel powered by Tourism HR Canada
- Jamaica Tourist Board
- Skal Canada
Their ongoing partnership means BSAP can continue in their mission to ENCOURAGE young people to get involved in the travel industry, FOSTER networking opportunities for graduating students, MENTOR the next generation of travel professionals, and CULTIVATE engagement in the travel industry.
The Baxter Student Ambassador Program will return for the 2023/24 season and applications will open in January 2024. If you would like to get involved as a BSAP Sponsor, contact [email protected] today.
Congratulations to each of the participating post-secondary institutions:
- Algonquin College
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Capilano University
- Centennial College
- Conestoga College
- George Brown College
- Georgian College
- Humber College
- Mohawk College
- Toronto Metropolitan University
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Seneca College
For more information on the Baxter Student Ambassador Program, visit baxterambassadors.com