French America Line is getting set to introduce boutique US river experiences with the August launch of the newly refurbished 75-stateroom Louisiane, sailing from its home port of New Orleans.
Inaugural sailings begin Aug. 22. The elegant ship celebrates regional food, music and history during cruise tours of five to 10 days, visiting places where larger riverboats cannot navigate along the Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, Cumberland and Red Rivers, as well as the Intracoastal Waterway of the Gulf Coast.
“We’ve orchestrated an unprecedented array of onboard services and amenities of the caliber enjoyed aboard luxury European river cruises,” said Tom Markwell, president, French America Line. “Our experiential hallmarks are refined Southern and Continental food by award-winning Chef de Cuisine Regina Charboneau; daily expertly guided shore experiences enhanced with engaging talks by onboard Illuminators, and nightly best-of-America entertainment.”
Louisiane signatures include:
- Virtually all-inclusive pricing, including all chef-designed meals; free-flowing hand-selected spirits, wines, beers and beverages; one-night pre-cruise deluxe hotel stay with breakfast; daily Traveler Collection shore excursions; complimentary WiFi;
- Seventy-five inviting suites and staterooms, all with plush amenities and many with verandas or French balconies;
- Two open seating dining venues, 24-hour in-room dining;
- Three lounges, complimentary nightly entertainment;
- Expert onboard Illuminators offering enriching talks and chats;
- Bicycles, helmets and maps for private shore explorations;
- Onboard full service Currents Spa and healthy menu choices at every meal;
- Optional Curator Collection private shore experiences and pre- and post-cruise extension add-ons.
A 2016 Louisiane catalog, with detailed itineraries that visit the Deep South the Mississippi Headwaters, River Crossroads, Wilderness Rivers and Gulf Waterways, is now available.