CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, which is the specialist division of Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT), has released its 2015 Energy, Resources and Marine Forecast.
The report shows that optimizing travel programs and safety and security will remain top of mind for their clients.
Recent growing political unrest in some parts of the world will likely deepen this focus in 2015. With safety & security high on the agenda, the study advises those organizations looking at traveling to new destinations, which may be high risk destinations, to work with trusted supplier partners.
Highlights of the report include:
- Air demand is up in South America; Caracas and Rio de Janeiro will see airfare price increases of 5.1% and 3.8% respectively.
- Air pricing in Houston will decrease slightly, by about 0.6%, largely because of an increase in supply by global carriers.
- Air pricing in Calgary will increase by 4.5%.
- Hotel prices will likely rise across the board, particularly in South America, where Caracas and Rio de Janeiro will see increases of 15.2% and 9.1% respectively.
- Lagging hotel supply in Houston will drive an average price increase of 6% across in 2015. We also expect to see an increase of 5% in Calgary.
Monisa Cline, senior vice-president, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, commented, “The 2015 Energy, Resources and Marine Forecast is a key tool for our clients as they plan for next year. With traveler safety & security top of mind, we want to support our customers and their travelers every step of their journey. By combining our leading-edge technology, and our employees’ care and expertise, we are able to provide the best customer service no matter where they are in the world.”