Tauck Teams Up With Rocky Mountaineer For New Journeys
Tauck is expanding its partnership with Rocky Mountaineer to introduce two new North American journeys that each feature a scenic two-day rail component.
The two new itineraries are the eight-day “Salt Lake City to Denver by Rocky Mountaineer” and the 10-day “The Best of Western Canada & Rocky Mountaineer” join an existing partnered itinerary, “Vancouver & the Rockies by Rocky Mountaineer.”
The train segment in each of Tauck’s two new itineraries will pair the ease, relaxation and romance of rail travel – including incredible panoramic views of scenic alpine landscapes – with the comfort and amenities provided by full-service hotel accommodations along the way.
About the journeys
Salt Lake City
Tauck’s new “Salt Lake City to Denver by Rocky Mountaineer” begins with two nights at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. From there, trip highlights include:
- A visit to Park City, a four-season resort area set in the heart of the Rockies
- A two-night stay in Moab, Utah visiting Dead Horse Point State Park
- A flight-seeing excursion over Canyonlands National Park
- Choice of whitewater rafting or 4×4 off-roading tour
After time exploring Arches National Park on day five of Tauck’s itinerary, guests will board their Rocky Mountaineer train and travel by rail to Glenwood Springs, Colorado, where they’ll enjoy hotel accommodations that night. The following day, guests will re-board the Rocky Mountaineer and travel to Denver, traversing the Continental Divide by travelling through the 6.2 mile-long Moffat Tunnel outside of the city.
The remainder of the journey is comprised of a two-night stay at The Four Seasons Hotel Denver, with an exploration of the city and the Rocky Mountain foothills bordering Denver to the west. (Westbound departures from Denver to Salt Lake City are also available.)
“The Best of Western Canada & Rocky Mountaineer” begins with a two-day rail trip aboard a Rocky Mountaineer train from Lake Louise to Vancouver. Along with the train journey, the itinerary is notable for featuring accommodations in four Fairmont properties, including the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise where guests will begin their Tauck experience with a three-night stay.
During their stay, guests will enjoy:
- A float trip on the Bow River
- Afternoon tea at the Banff Springs Hotel
- A scenic drive along the Icefields Parkway
- A memorable Ice Explorer trip atop the Athabasca Glacier
Guests will board their Rocky Mountaineer train on the fourth day of the itinerary for their two-day rail journey to Vancouver, enjoying premier Gold Leaf seating and panoramic windows in the upper level of their glass-domed coach, and lunch en route in the lower-level dining area below.
After an overnight stay in a Kamloops, B.C., hotel, guests will re-board the Rocky Mountaineer for the final leg of their trip to Vancouver, where they will:
- Have an overnight stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Board a flightseeing flight from Coal Harbor to Victoria
- Enjoy a two-night stay on Vancouver Island at The Fairmont Empress
- Take part in a private whale watching cruise with a marine naturalist
Guests will enjoy a second night at The Fairmont Empress, before travelling to the Fairmont Chateau Whistler to conclude their journey with a two-night stay.