United, Hertz Exclusive
United Airlines is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline’s MileagePlus loyalty program, as Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United’s exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1.
Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.
MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
- 1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
- 1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
- 750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
- 500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.
Travellers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.
Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
- Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in Canada and the United States, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation;
- Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in Canada and the United States and select European locations.
MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members may sign up for complimentary Hertz Five Star status, which includes one-car-class upgrades, based on availability.
“Through United’s relationship with Hertz, our customers will enjoy more rewards and greater convenience when they travel,” said Praveen Sharma, United’s vice-president of loyalty. “Our unique partnership will offer added benefits for MileagePlus members in general and will enable our top flyers to have an elite experience throughout their trip.”