With the Chinese New Year and Year of the Dog just around the corner, Booking.com has put together a selection of highly rated accommodation gems specifically geared to animal loving jet-setters and their four-legged friends.
The following are just a few places to consider for the Year of the Dog:
- Something to Bark About in Los Angeles: The landmark Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites is centrally located in the heart of Downtown L.A., and is renowned for its sleek and futuristic design. The pet-friendly property allows dogs up to 40 pounds, free of charge. All service animals are allowed.
- Size doesn’t matter in Whitehorse: Size doesn’t matter at Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast, where two dogs of any size are welcome for no additional fee.
- Honouring Man’s Best Friend in Kathmandu: During the Hindu festival of Diwali there’s a special day in Nepal that honours man’s best friend, “Kukur Tihar.” Celebrate your favourite companion while staying at The Life Story Guest House in Kathmandu, the the perfect spot to be close to the action.
- The Canine Persuasion in Portland: Their director of pet relations will roll over at the site of you… since she is a dog. The Vintage Portland is so passionate about pets, they are now on staff. Offering all sorts of goodies and grooming, the policy is “if your pet fits through the door, they’ll welcome them in.”
- Play Catch in Northumberland: With gorgeous views and many miles to run free, it’s not hard to imagine why Northumberland is one of the UK’s number one pet-friendly destinations. Allowing dogs of any size, the Blenkinsopp Castle Inn is the perfect location to please your pet.
Top photo — Dianne Mowat
Photos in Story — Greg Coates