WestJet is adding daily direct flights between Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) and Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) in Paris and Gatwick Airport (LGW) in London, U.K.
All flights will be operated on the airline’s newest Boeing 737-8 MAX aircraft. One-way intro fares from Halifax to Paris or London are available for $199, taxes included.
“As the carrier with the most transatlantic flights from Halifax, we are thrilled to announce our first foray onto the European mainland,” said Ed Sims, WestJet executive vice-president, Commercial. “Venturing to London and now Paris is an indication of our ambitious growth plans as we move towards becoming a global network carrier. This is an investment that will help launch new flights in the future and further expand our presence in YHZ – a key driver in economic and employment growth.”
Starting May 31, WestJet will begin service with daily flights between Halifax and Paris. On April 29, the airline will begin daily service between Halifax and London (Gatwick). In addition, WestJet will add one flight to Halifax from Calgary for a total of 15 weekly flights.
The new service is part of WestJet’s seasonal schedule for the summer of 2018. In addition to the above increases to Halifax service, highlights of WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule include:
- The addition of almost 200 flights to WestJet’s hubs including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
- New non-stop four-time weekly service between Calgary and Whitehorse.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Edmonton, Kelowna, Ottawa, Regina, Fort St. John and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of transborder and sun destinations including Nashville, Cancun, Dallas/Ft. Worth and Las Vegas.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Nanaimo, Edmonton, Halifax, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Windsor, Grand Prairie, Montreal, Abbotsford, Penticton and Victoria.
- An increase of 24 weekly flights between Vancouver and Calgary for a total of 16 times daily, with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of transborder and domestic destinations including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Kelowna, Fort McMurray and Saskatoon.
- An increase of 14 weekly flights between Edmonton and Calgary for a total of 12 times daily.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
- An increase of nine new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.