It was glitz and glamour and lots of fun as WestJet celebrated with its travel agency partners in Toronto at its 2017 Travel Partner Awards which honoured the agencies and agents who have contributed to the airline’s success.
Lyell Farquharson, vice-president, sales and distribution for WestJet, said: “Our travel partners play a significant role in the success of WestJet and WestJet Vacations and our annual Travel Partner Awards are just one way of saying we value you.”
Farquharson noted that: “Every day, our TA partners help us deliver unforgettable travel experiences for our mutual guests, and we enjoy recognizing the dedication and support of the travel trade with this special evening.”
Over 200 agents were on hand at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto where guests were treated to hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and a four-course meal.
Sandy Jobin-Bevans, Canadian Comedy Award winner and Second City veteran, acted as host while Ron Tite, award-winning advertising writer and creative director, delivered an engaging and inspiring address.
The awards recognized 13 different categories including: WestJet Vacations Top Revenue Growth, WestJet Top Revenue Growth and WestJet Top Growth TMC.
The winners included:
- Merit Travel – WestJet, Top Revenue Growth
- Uniglobe West – WestJet, Top Guest Count Growth
- American Express GBT and HRG – WestJet, Top Growth TMC (a tie)
- Red Tag Vacations – Bahia, Top Growth Sales
- Expedia – WestJet Vacations, Top Revenue Growth
- TravelSavers – WestJet Vacations, Top Guest Count Growth
- Expedia – AMResorts, Top Growth Sales
- American Express GBT – WestJet, Top PLUS sales growth
- Voyages a la Carte – WestJet, Top U.S. Agency
- Ensemble Travel Group – Barbados, Top Growth Sales
- Priceline – Top Growth, Online Travel Agency
- Uniglobe Premiere Travel – Top Group, Incentive, Convention Sales
- Huntington – Top Growth Consolidator
In concluding, Farquharson said: “Thank you to our generous sponsors Bahia Principe, Barbados and AMResorts for your contributions. The evening was a great success due to all of our partners’ efforts.”
For more, go to http://www.westjet.com .