WestJet’s executive vice-president, commercial, Bob Cummings commented: “The addition of dozens of new flights demonstrates our commitment to invest in communities and serve Canadians now and in the future, a commitment backed by our established, trusted brand and caring, people-driven service.”
Cummings said that: “These increases enable communities to stimulate development, improve infrastructure and grow their economies. As our network of more than 100 destinations in over 20 countries continues to expand, we remain committed to offering our guests more choices, better connectivity and the opportunity to fly with Canada’s highest-rated airline for customer service.”
Some of the highlights of WestJet’s 2016-2017 schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service between Regina and Orlando, Florida, effective Oct. 27, 2016.
- New flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian and international destinations including Vancouver, Ottawa, Moncton, Myrtle Beach, Aruba, Kingston (Jamaica), San Jose and Liberia (Costa Rica), Port of Spain and St. Martin.
- An increase of 41 new weekly flights between Vancouver and Kelowna, Prince George, Toronto, Honolulu, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Los Angeles.
- Kelowna will see 19 new flights per week to Vancouver and two additional weekly flights to Calgary.
- Service from Halifax will increase with seven additional weekly flights to Sydney, Nova Scotia, and daily flights added this summer scheduled to continue through the winter.
- Extension of existing seasonal services through the winter, including Vancouver-Montreal, and Toronto to Gander, Nashville, Los Angeles and Brandon.
- Additional flights from Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg to domestic and international destinations.
- As previously announced, non-stop service to London Gatwick from Calgary and Toronto will operate on year-round basis through the winter.
For more, go to http://www.westjet.com/winterschedule .