WestJet’s 4th annual Travel Partner Awards was a funny affair last night (Oct. 27). That’s because the airline enlisted a popular improv quartet from Boston to entertain the several hundred travel trade guests from across the country who turned out for the elegant gala at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto.
Suffice to say, be thankful that you’re not Transat’s Susan Bowman or Red Tag’s Joe DeMarinis, who were just a couple of the troupe’s “volunteer” targets, today… In addition to the laughs, guests were treated to cocktails and dinner, plenty of door prizes, and the awards. Included among the latter were:
- Top growth Canadian tour operator: Voyzant Inc.
- Top online agency: Expedia.ca
- Top group, incentive, convention sales: Uniglobe Premiere Travel
- Top sales, Encore: American Express Global Business Travel
- Top revenue growth: Flight Centre
- Sponsor award – Bahia Principe top sales: Flight Centre
- Sponsor award – AMResorts top sales: Ensemble
- Sponsor award – Barbados top sales: Transat Distribution.
Pictured, Dave Cecco, WestJet; Peter Mayers, Barbardos Tourism; Jane Clementino, WestJet; Susan Bowman and Joe Adamo, Transat; and Lyle Farquharson, WestJet.
Also honoured, in an unofficial way, was attendee Marilyn Shalma of New Wave Travel in Toronto, who was determined to be the longest-serving travel professional in the room – at 55 years!