Tourism stakeholders across Africa have just one month to get their entries in for the WTM World Responsible Tourism Awards 2021, which for the first time has introduced regional awards, including Africa, India, Latin America and the rest of World.
This year, all the Gold winners will have a chance to win an inaugural WTM World Responsible Tourism Global Award. Each of the six categories will have its own Global winner, chosen from the four regional winners.
The regional Gold and Silver Awards recipients, and the new Global winners, will be announced at WTM Virtual, taking place digitally between Nov. 8 and Nov. 9 this year.
Winners will be chosen by a group of industry experts, led by Harold Goodwin, WTM’s Responsible Tourism Advisor, which meet online to allow for an internationally diverse panel.
This year’s categories reflect the relationship between tourism, responsibility and COVID-19:
- Decarbonizing Travel & Tourism
- Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic
- Destinations Building Back Better Post-Covid
- Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
- Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment
- Growing the Local Economic Benefit
Entries must be submitted by August 31 online at https://www.wtm.com/responsible-tourism/en-gb/awards/categories.html