WestJet opened its flagship lounge at Calgary International Airport today (Oct. 27), revealing a space that features over 9,300 square feet of space – complete with panoramic views – and stepping up the carrier’s goal of attracting premium travellers.
Incorporationg a host of Canadian-inspired details, the WestJet Elevation Lounge blends contemporary design with refined mountain living inspired by this country’s diverse landscape.
It was designed in collaboration with global architecture and design firm Gensler to carefully consider the needs and safety of guests and frequent travellers.
Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer for WestJet, observed: “The opening of the WestJet Elevation Lounge is a pivotal moment for our business and demonstrates our commitment to delivering world-class experiences both on the ground and in the air.”
WestJet’s chief commercial officer continued: “It was only fitting to open this flagship space within our home hub in Calgary. The lounge will provide our top-tier WestJet Rewards members and business cabin travellers with a safe and comfortable place to rest, rejuvenate and work when visiting YYC.”
The flagship lounge at Calgary International is set to open to the public on Nov. 2, 2020 and is conveniently located at Concourse B of the Domestic Terminal and is accessible to guests departing from Concourses A, B and C, as well as Concourse D of the International Terminal (when accessed from security checkpoint B or C).
Rob Palmer, vice president of commercial, strategy & chief financial officer, for the Calgary Airport Authority, said at the opening: “The WestJet Elevation Lounge is a global first [for WestJet] and we are excited and proud that YYC Calgary International Airport is its home.”
And Palmer added: “WestJet is YYC’s biggest airline—by seats, by departures and by destinations served. Having the flagship WestJet Elevation Lounge here in Calgary means our mutual guests will have a new premium travel experience with great local amenities at the highest health and safety standards.”
As for what to expect, the WestJet Elevation Lounge will feature:
- Chef-designed and freshly prepared menu that highlights local and seasonal ingredients.
- Signature beverages designed and delivered by dedicated bartenders; a premium selection of wine; and beer options from Calgary’s own breweries, including WestJet’s Elevation beer on tap by The Dandy Brewing Company, and an XPA by Annex Ale Project. All served from a vibrant and social bar in the heart of the lounge.
- Dedicated focus spaces to unplug or plug-in for business and leisure featuring WiFi, free printing and reservable meeting space with digital amenities.
- Refreshing spaces including reservable and private shower facilities.
- WestJet Priority Service Agents to assist with travel plans, share expertise on local information and provide the caring service WestJetters are known for.
- Exclusive artwork by Calgary-based artist Mandy Stobo featuring an immersive augmented reality experience.
- Playful interpretations of WestJet’s home province weaved throughout the space including a statement graphic of Canmore’s Three Sisters mountain peaks above the bar.
- Curated Canadian products from local companies such as Rocky Mountain Soap Company and Calgary’s own Fratello Coffee Roasters.
- Dedicated family space with activities for kids to interact with and explore.
Once inside the Elevation Lounge guests will experience many of WestJet’s enhanced health, safety and sanitization measures that have been implemented to ensure guest safety throughout their journey through the airline’s Safety Above
All program. The Elevation Lounge features:
- Contactless, self-serve entry.
- Mandatory face masks for guests and staff, except when eating and drinking.
- A thoughtful floor plan with reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing.
- Ability to order food and beverages directly to table using personal devices.
- An enhanced and continuous cleaning regimen including electrostatic spraying, plexiglass shields at high interaction areas and hand sanitizers placed in high-touch zones.
WestJet’s vice-president, loyalty programs, d’Arcy Monaghan pointed out that: “The Elevation Lounge offers guests, including our top-tier WestJet Rewards members and Business cabin guests a premium space to relax, refresh or focus in our biggest hub.”
Monaghan continued: “This flagship space was designed with feedback from our top-tier members and focuses on the needs and expectations of frequent flyers and premium travellers. It is an extension of our successful guest-service model offered when travelling in Business and Premium cabins.”
The opening of Elevation Lounge demonstrates WestJet’s ongoing commitment to growing its presence and premium guest experience in Calgary.
The lounge’s completion is marked by two years of thoughtful research, planning and construction within the YYC Calgary International Airport.
For more on entry and eligibility details, go to https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/book-trip/business-travel/airport-lounges/elevation-lounge-access .