Celebrity Beyond, Well It’s Simply Beyond Expectations
In unveiling the Celebrity Beyond, Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo made it clear that: “Celebrity Beyond shatters any and every preconceived notion of the cruising experience. This exquisite ship offers a journey at the intersection of elegance and approachability filled with what’s important to our guests today: forward-thinking design, culinary excellence, unparalleled well-being and incomparable service.”
Celebrity Beyond is the third ship in the company’s new Edge Series and has been designed to give guests endless opportunities to disconnect from the world — while simultaneously reconnecting with the world that surrounds them.
To make the vision a reality, Lutoff-Perlo assembled a dream team of modern lifestyle icons to bring to life extraordinary experiences that allow guests to connect with each other, the sea, and their journey.
Celebrity Beyond showcases the design talents of multi-award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE; celebrated American designer Nate Berkus; and lauded Paris-based design firm Jouin Manku; the innovation of British architect Tom Wright; and the culinary gifts of Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud.
The ship will also feature experiences and products from goop CEO and founder Gwyneth Paltrow, the brand’s new Well-Being Advisor.
Celebrity Beyond builds on the features and design of its predecessors Celebrity Edge (2018) and Celebrity Apex (2020) by creating innovative spaces that set the brand apart from others in the industry.
Every element of Celebrity Beyond’s look and feel has been carefully curated with re-imagined spaces and more luxurious versions of the brand’s most popular signature spaces, including:
- The Retreat, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests, highlighted by a new two-story sundeck.
- Transformed accommodations from modern two-story villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living.
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools.
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft.
- A first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea.
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space.
- And, the return of the Magic Carpet, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
Said Lutoff-Perlo: “Celebrity Cruises has always been an innovator at sea, and now we have challenged the status quo with a vessel that goes beyond expectations, beyond imagination.”
Richard Fain, Chairman of Royal Caribbean Group, parent company of Celebrity Cruises, observed: “With Celebrity Beyond, we saw an opportunity to take the extraordinary features of Celebrity Edge – like the focus on the connection with the ocean and the grand spaces – and really amplify them.”
Fain pointed out: “We focused on providing more openness, height and spaciousness throughout the ship’s most popular spaces. The end result is a next generation ship that embodies the intersection of architecture and design.”
Celebrity Beyond will depart on its maiden voyage on April 27, 2022 from Southampton, England, on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain.
It will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when the ship heads to the Caribbean.
Voyages are now on sale and for more on Celebrity Beyond’s inaugural 2022-2023 sailings, visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond .