In 2021, Holland America Line has a full season of cruises and Land+Sea Journeys planned for Alaska in 2021.
From April through September, six premium ships will take guests on authentic Alaska experiences throughout the Great Land.
Guests can embark on Holland America Line’s cruises to Alaska aboard Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam and Volendam. Itineraries sail roundtrip from Seattle, Washington, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, or one-way between Whitter (Anchorage), Alaska, and Vancouver.
Gus Antorcha, Holland America Line’s president, said: “We’re seeing strong interest for next summer’s Alaska season as people anticipate being able to get out again, travel and spend time with family and friends.”
Antorcha continued: “Alaska has a natural beauty and an aura that are unmatched, and it’s right in our backyard. If you want to have an immersive experience, see Glacier Bay and go up to the Yukon, no one does it better than Holland America Line. We’re ready to return with plenty of options for everybody from couples to multi-generational families.”
Alaska’s glaciers and Glacier Bay National Park are best viewed from sea and Holland America Line offers the most itineraries to Glacier Bay National Park than any other cruise line.
Every Alaska cruise includes a visit to one more of Alaska’s iconic glacier destinations: Glacier Bay National Park, Hubbard Glacier and the Twin Sawyer Glaciers of Tracy Arm.
As for what’s new and notable in 2021, consider the following:
- The Pinnacle Class Koningsdam returns to Alaska with seven-day “Inside Passage” itineraries roundtrip from Vancouver and Land+Sea Journeys. Holland America Line is the only cruise line with seven-day roundtrip itineraries from Vancouver that include Glacier Bay National Park.
- New for 2021, seven-day “Glacier Discovery Northbound” and “Glacier Discovery Southbound” itineraries cruise between Whittier, Alaska, and Vancouver aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam. Cruises include two glacier experiences to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier or College Fjords and ports of call to Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, Alaska.
- Seven-day “Alaska Inside Passage” itineraries cruise roundtrip from Vancouver, aboard Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Volendam. Ports include Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway.
- Seven-day “Alaskan Explorer” itineraries cruise roundtrip from Seattle aboard Eurodam and Oosterdam, and include calls at Victoria, British Columbia; and Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka.
- Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Volendam will offer Land+Sea Journeys ranging from nine to 18 days.
- Eight world-renowned chefs guide and influence every aspect of the onboard dining experience, including Pacific Northwest-inspired cuisine by Seattle’s Ethan Stowell.
- All ships cruising in Alaska feature expanded onboard programming. Guests can engage with an Alaska naturalist, and cruises with Glacier Bay bring on a National Park Ranger and Huna native speaker. Special presentations explore distinctly local topics such as Alaska’s bush pilots and the famous Iditarod race.
Holland America is also offering 15 different Land+Sea Journeys that combine a three-, four- or seven-day Alaska cruise with an inland exploration to spend more time – up to three nights – at Denali National Park and Preserve.
As well, Holland America Line is the only cruise line that extends land tour options all the way to Dawson City and every journey includes a train ride into Alaska’s interior on Holland America Line’s iconic glass-domed McKinley Explorer.
Sail on over to www.hollandamerica.com for more.