Travelport is partnering with Softvoyage to offer enhanced functionality for its Galileo vacations booking engine. Now Travelport-connected agents have immediate access to the powerful and free TripBook and TripSearch tools — available through Travelport — which will make it even easier for travel agents to sell and book the perfect vacation for their customers.
Accessible via the “My Bookings” tab on Galileo Vacations, TripBook is a new after-booking sales tool that allows travel agents to maintain client relationships after the initial booking propose additional trip components prior to departure, access a customer’s complete booking information, make payments and more. Using the TripBook tool, agents can:
- Add a payment to an existing booking using a secured environment.
- Send eDocs for participating suppliers.
- Cancel a booking.
- Send the My Booking Summary by email (with or without the commission amount).
- Print the My Booking Summary (with or without the commission amount).
- Consult and print the supplier hotel description for packages.
- Consult and print the Google Maps and the points of interest for the property.
- Consult and print the Travel Guide available on SIREV for the destination.
- Consult and print the Monarc.ca rating for the property.
- Add client email address to Monarc.ca after travel has taken place.
And to complement the TripBook tool, Travelport and Softvoyage have also integrated TripSearch, which is available on Galileo Vacations’ Package Search Results page. It provides notification when a package price changes and gives agents the ability to save a quote which can be easily referenced when following up with a customer.
Dan Langevin, vice president, Sales and Marketing for Softvoyage, said: “TripBook and TripSearch are flexible and free booking tools designed to help travel agents increase sales and customer satisfaction. We’re delighted to have worked closely with Travelport to integrate these easy to use tools into Travelport’s industry-leading Galileo Vacations shopping and booking system.”
Maurita Baker, general manager, Travelport Canada, commented: “Travel agents want to improve their ability to maintain post-booking relationships with customers and convert these opportunities into more sales. The TripBook and TripSearch features, available to Canadian travel agents through Travelport, are valuable new tools that demonstrate Travelport’s ongoing commitment to provide travel agents in Canada with superior travel content and industry-leading tools.”