Air Canada is updating Aeroplan Elite Status members to let them know that it is ensuring their status remains in effect and to give them flexibility and certainty. The changes include the extension of current Elite Status until the end of 2022, in addition to a previous extension through 2021, as well as the possibility to accelerate their status qualification in the years ahead.
Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada, said that: “Loyalty is a two-way street, and we understand and appreciate why so many of your travel plans are interrupted this year. For that reason, we are automatically extending Aeroplan Elite Status for an additional year — through to the end of 2022.”
Nasr continued: “These changes are some of the many ways we’re recognizing our members and demonstrating our commitment to welcoming them back onboard, whenever it’s the right time for them to travel again.”
This is the second year that Air Canada has extended the status of its Aeroplan Elite members. In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, changes for Aeroplan Elite Status members include:
- Automatic extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status — All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.
- Priority Reward Vouchers also extended — Air Canada is also extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.
- Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022 — For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.
These improvements come in addition to other changes for all Aeroplan members:
- Change or cancel Flight Rewards, free of charge — Aeroplan flight rewards booked through April 30, 2021 (for travel through April 2022) can be changed or cancelled free of charge, at any time. Members who opt to cancel will receive all of their Aeroplan points back in their account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of their travel.
- Temporary pause to expiration of Aeroplan points — We have further paused expiry of Aeroplan points until January 31, 2022. This means that between now and January 30, 2022, any points which would have expired will not. Effective January 31, 2022, our recently improved expiration policy will apply, meaning that points will expire if an eligible transaction has not been completed prior to this date.