At a time when nature vacations, reconciliation, and travelling with responsibility are dominating the thoughts of travellers, Maple Leaf Adventures has unveiled its 2022-23 trip schedule.
The boutique expedition cruise operator, owned and operated by coastal people, has been dedicated to regenerative travel experiences on Canada and Alaska’s west coast for decades.
Those regions abound with islands, natural coastlines, and wildlife that are far off the well-travelled routes and are home to many Indigenous cultures.
Maple Leaf’s 2022-23 trips deliver:
- Off the beaten track adventures among fjords and archipelagos that showcase the wild coast in ways people (even locals) have not experienced before.
- Peak itineraries in the low-travel times of spring and fall, with just 8, 12 or 24 guests on each yacht, and small groups on each shore trip (usually 2 per day).
- Meaningful guest engagement in citizen science, nature observation, food gathering, and knowing that as a traveller they are part of a conservation-based alternative to more destructive industries.
- Local roots and connection, through the beloved yachts, communities, crew and guides that conduct the trip throughout their home.
- Special access to special areas through the company’s local knowledge and years of relationships and partnerships with Indigenous communities.
All three of Maple Leaf Adventures’ passenger vessels, Maple Leaf (a classic BC sailing ship), Swell (a historic BC tugboat), and Cascadia (a luxury expedition catamaran) provide comfort, gourmet meals, and the most exclusive views available – west coast sunsets, marine mammal encounters and dark skies for stargazing.
Maple Leaf Adventures’ trips appeal to guests of all ages, and are most frequently taken by people aged 55-80, this itinerary is on target for the growing travelling public that shows interest in a more regenerative approach to their holiday time.
Maureen Gordon, a co-owner of Maple Leaf Adventures, said: “We’ve painstakingly created experiences out of the best this coast has to offer – from our restored yachts, our locations, our food and décor, to our view of life in this place.” And Gordon added: “It’s not a ‘destination’ to us. It’s our home that we all passionately love, and protect, and celebrate with our guests.”
All-inclusive starting prices for luxury, multi-day 2022/2023 adventures range from approximately $2,600 to $12,100 CDN per person and can be booked by visiting www.mapleleafadventures.com or by calling +1-250-386-7245.