Air Canada will be introducing year-round mainline service to Amsterdam from Toronto beginning in June 2015 as part of its continuing expansion of its international network. AC also said that additions to its summer network next year would include new Air Canada rouge seasonal service from Montreal to Venice and between Vancouver and Osaka.
Benjamin Smith, president, passenger airlines, at Air Canada, said: “Air Canada will continue its international expansion drive next summer, led by the addition of Amsterdam to its mainline global network. Apart from being a popular tourist destination, Amsterdam is also a key business market with longstanding links to Canada. Air Canada is the only Canadian carrier to offer the route year-round and it will complement our existing service to Brussels, giving customers easier access to the Benelux region.”
Smith continued: “In addition to Amsterdam, for summer 2015 Air Canada will launch new double-daily, non-stop Air Canada service to Paris from both Toronto and Montreal, and new Air Canada rouge service between Vancouver and Osaka and between Montreal and Venice. It will also offer increased weekly Air Canada rouge frequencies to such popular destinations as Barcelona and Athens.”
Highlights of the 2015 summer schedule include:
- Year-round Air Canada service between Toronto-Pearson and Amsterdam operated with a 211-seat, Boeing 767-300ER aircraft with 24 International Business Class pods, featuring fully lie-flat seats. Flights begin June 4, 2015 and will be operated up to six times weekly.
- Double-daily Air Canada service from both Toronto and Montreal-Trudeau to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, the additional flights will be offered from June to September and be operated using Boeing 767-300ER aircraft with 24 International Business Class pods featuring fully lie-flat seats.
- New non-stop Air Canada services from Toronto to Rio de Janeiro and from Toronto to Panama City introduced for winter 2014-15 will continue to operate during the summer of 2015.
- New Air Canada rouge twice weekly service between Montreal and Venice beginning May 14, 2015, and, subject to government approval, up to five flights per week between Vancouver and Osaka-Kansai beginning May 1, 2015
- Air Canada rouge service from Toronto to Athens and Barcelona will increase to daily from five times a week in summer 2014, and service from Toronto to Venice increases to four times from three weekly. From Montreal, Air Canada rouge service to Athens will double to four times weekly and service to Barcelona will increase to three-times weekly from twice weekly in summer 2014.
- Overall, Air Canada rouge service to Athens, Barcelona, Lisbon, Manchester and Nice will operate a longer season during the summer of 2015 over summer 2014.
- Air Canada rouge will begin operating year-round service between Toronto and Lima, Peru beginning May 2, 2015, subject to government approval, following the transfer of the route from Air Canada.
For more go to http://www.aircanada.com .