Four Seasons Hotel Toronto reopened its doors July 10.
“The ultimate luxury is the absence of worry,” says Konrad Gstrein, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto. “While the Four Seasons experience may look different, we trust that all of our guests and residents will feel completely cared for and comforted by our intuitive service and attention to detail.”
As part of the new health and safety protocols all guests, residents and employees will adhere to a temperature check before entering the Hotel. Employees will be wearing personal protective equipment and all guests are asked to wear a face mask when in public spaces inside the Hotel. The Four Seasons Mobile App provides a convenient and contactless way for individuals to customize their stay. With Four Seasons Service at their fingertips, they have the ability to make and manage reservations, request luggage pickup, airport transfers, room service, housekeeping requests, and more.
Along with the Hotel’s premier accommodations, The Spa at Four Seasons Toronto on the ninth floor is offering select massage and body treatments for those seeking much-needed relaxation. The Hair and Nail Bar is also open for manicures, pedicures and hair care services.
Post-treatment, dive into the refreshing pool or savour the view and the summer weather on the new Spa Terrace. This outdoor space features a new Cloud 9 Oasis menu with seasonal dishes including a mezze selection with taro chips and a plant-based watermelon tartare.
Spa operating hours are as follows:
- The Spa is open every day from 10 am to 6 pm
- The pool is open to residents, Hotel and Spa guests from 10 am to 6 pm
- Family swim hours are;
- All-day from Monday to Thursday
- 10 am to 12 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm from Friday to Sunday
- Relaxation hours at the pool from 12 pm to 4 pm from Friday to Sunday
- The Cloud 9 Oasis menu is available only on the Spa Terrace for residents, Hotel and Spa guests every day from 11 am to 6 pm