Sunwing will be resuming partial service to select sun destinations from Toronto Pearson International Airport and Montréal-Trudeau International Airport starting on July 30, 2021 following the news that the Canadian government will begin easing border restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers effective July 5, 2021
Andrew Dawson, president of tour operations for Sunwing, said that: “After a difficult year, we’re excited that Sunwing Airlines will be returning to the skies with initial service from two of our busiest gateways.”
Dawson continued: “With vaccines rolling out across the country and borders reopening, we’re seeing a significant increase in demand for travel nationwide. We’re excited to be offering our customers frictionless vacation experiences under our wing and helping them return to the tropics safely and responsibly under our Safe with Sunwing commitment.”
From Toronto, the initial flight schedule will operate:
- Between Toronto and Cancun, on Fridays and Sundays starting July 30, 2021 and on Saturdays starting Aug. 21, 2021
- Between Toronto and Punta Cana, on Saturdays starting July 31, 2021 and on Fridays starting Aug. 20, 2021
- Between Toronto and Varadero, on Mondays starting Aug. 2, 2021
- Between Toronto and Montego Bay, on Sundays starting Aug. 22, 2021
From Montreal, the initial schedule will operate:
- Between Montreal and Cancun, on Fridays and Sundays starting July 30, 2021
- Between Montreal and Punta Cana, on Saturdays starting July 31, 2021
- Between Montreal and Varadero, on Mondays starting August 2, 2021
Sunwing said that additional flights and routes may be added in the coming weeks to reflect consumer demand; noting that travellers can look forward to more gateways and destinations for the fall/winter season, with Sunwing Airlines from various Canadian cities beginning in October 2021.
Go to www.sunwing.ca for more.