TICO held the inaugural meeting of the Consumer Industry Advisory Committee (CIAC) late last week.
The goal of CIAC is to gather leaders with broad consumer and travel industry experience in a forum to exchange ideas, identify and discuss emerging issues in the travel sector.
TICO is looking for input on strategies to bring greater awareness of consumer protection as well as provide advice and counsel on regulatory matters aimed at enhancing the legislation it administers and enforces. The committee’s insights and expertise will contribute to enhancing TICO‘s mandate and value proposition.
Members of CIAC include:
- Angela Dennis – Better Business Bureau Serving Central Ontario Inc. (consumer representative)
- Carol Greenwood – Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Dan Langevin – Softvoyage Inc.
- Elliot Finkelman – Expedia Cruises
- Howard Lichtman – Ethnicity Matters (consumer representative)
- Joanne Gellatly – George Brown College
- Judith Coates – Association of Canadian Independent Travel Advisors
- Lorraine Nowina – (consumer representative)
- Richard Ollier – Travel Health Insurance Association of Canada
Commenting on the inaugural meeting, TICO president and CEO, Richard Smart said: “We are very pleased with the passion, experience and expertise as reflected on the inaugural Consumer and Industry Advisory Committee.
The future travel related insights and advice will be invaluable to TICO’s Board of Directors and our management team as we navigate through a challenging travel recovery period and consider future innovations to enhance TICO’s consumer protection mandate.”
Currently, TICO is looking at one additional consumer position on the committee and those interested can firstname.lastname@example.org .